Programs and Services
Grief is not a disorder, a disease or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve.
Earl Grollman, Author - Explaining Death to Children
Suicide Loss Support Groups
The death of someone important to you is always difficult. When they die by suicide, it can leave you feeling lost, alone and confused. You may experience powerful and conflicting emotions that are difficult to cope with on your own.
Heartache2Hope recognizes how unique and complicated the grieving process can be after a suicide death. We believe sharing our grief journey helps ease the pain. With that in mind, we offer suicide loss support groups in the Halton area that provide individuals with an opportunity to give and receive support through their grief journey. Groups are co-facilitated by professionals and peer facilitators.
The goals for our Suicide Loss Support Groups are to:
- Provide a safe place for grieving individuals to share their experiences and feelings with others.
- Provide education and an understanding of the grief process and of the uniqueness of suicide loss.
- Relieve isolation created by suicide loss for the survivors.
- Assist with healing and reconciliation.
- Extend hope for a positive and productive future.
Groups are held at the Canadian Mental Health Association Halton Branch office in Oakville. Registration is required to participate in our support groups. If you would like to register for one of our support groups, refer a client, or just need more information, please contact us.
Continuum of Care Services
Heartache2Hope understands that different kinds of support are helpful at different times after a suicide loss. We are developing a variety of services to respond to these changing needs.
- Individual support after a suicide loss is currently available, if needed prior to participation in our support groups
- We are now partnering with Friends in Grief to offer a monthly drop-in group session in the Burlington area. These drop in sessions provide continuing peer support after closing with our support groups.
- We are working on developing a one-on-one peer support program
Heartache 2 Hope is available to provide educational presentations on the unique aspects of suicide loss and the grieving process that follows it. If you wish to have us speak to your organization about suicide loss grief or about our program, please contact us
No one understands what you and your family are going through like others who are grieving a suicide loss.
Join a support group to find the emotional strength and understanding that can help you rebuild your life and move forward.
Asking for help takes courage and strength –Take the first step.
You don’t have to do it alone.